Jasper and Magdalena Egger’s homesteaded just northeast of the Buffalo County line in 1872. When the Egger’s built this cabin, they may have salvaged the logs from Post South Loup Fort not too far from their farm. Post South Loup Fork, also known as Fort Banishment, served as an outpost for Fort Kearny during the 1860s and monitored any Native American warring activities. Additionally, Post South Loup Fork also provided protection for railroad workers that built rail lines in the region.
Mary Snow donated the cabin to the Trails & Rails Museum in memory of Paul Tockey in 1991.